Sussex is a beautiful county in the southeast of England, known for its picturesque landscapes, coastal areas, and historical sites. It's divided into East and West Sussex, both offering an array of camping and glamping opportunities. Here's a list of some of the best campsites and glamping spots in Sussex:
Beech Estate Woodland Campsite - Near Battle, East Sussex
- Description: Nestled within a beautiful woodland, this campsite offers a back-to-nature experience. There are both bell tents for glamping and pitches for those wanting to bring their tents. The bell tents are fully furnished and come with their own campfire pit.
- Pitch Size: There are standard and large pitches for tents. The standard size is ample for a family tent, while the large ones can accommodate even bigger setups.
- Why Visit: For a true woodland experience with both camping and glamping options.
Wild Boar Wood Campsite - Near Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Description: Operated by the same team as Beech Estate, this is a smaller, more intimate site. It offers nine bell tents for glamping, each equipped with a wood burner and campfire pit.
- Pitch Size: Only bell tents available for glamping. No pitches for individual tents.
- Why Visit: For a secluded glamping experience with beautiful surroundings.
Knepp Wildland Safaris and Camping - Near Horsham, West Sussex
- Description: A truly unique experience, Knepp offers both tent camping and luxury glamping in shepherd’s huts, yurts, or treehouses. It's a rewilding project, meaning you can spot lots of free-roaming animals.
- Pitch Size: Various sizes depending on accommodation. There are specific pitches for tents, which are spacious and blend into the natural environment.
- Why Visit: For a chance to be amidst nature and witness rewilding firsthand.
Eco Camp UK – Wild Boar Wood Campsite - Near Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Description: An eco-friendly campsite that promotes low-impact camping. They offer bell tents for glamping amidst a beautiful bluebell wood.
- Pitch Size: Primarily for bell tents. No private tent pitches available.
- Why Visit: For an eco-conscious glamping experience amidst nature.
The Secret Campsite - Near Lewes, East Sussex
- Description: True to its name, it's a peaceful, secretive spot away from the hustle and bustle. Offers tent pitches and unique shelters like the Tree Tent and Gridshell.
- Pitch Size: Spacious tent pitches, ideal for families or groups.
- Why Visit: For a serene escape and a chance to stay in some quirky accommodations.
Hooks House Farm - Near Rye, East Sussex
- Description: Situated close to the historic town of Rye, it offers amazing views of the coast. They have tent pitches and a few pre-pitched bell tents for glamping.
- Pitch Size: Generous sizes suitable for both small tents and larger family tents.
- Why Visit: For the coastal views and proximity to Rye.
Swallowtail Hill - Near Rye, East Sussex
- Description: Offers unique and sustainable glamping accommodations like wooden cabins and cottages on wheels. No pitches for personal tents.
- Pitch Size: Solely for the unique glamping accommodations they offer.
- Why Visit: For an eco-friendly glamping experience in quirky, bespoke accommodations.
Before planning a visit, it's always a good idea to check the availability, current rates, and any restrictions or guidelines the campsites might have. Enjoy your glamping adventure in Sussex!